Saturday 19 February, 2011

Plastic time

I asked, wished, for a revelation in the midst of one
How did the day come to have so many more hours than usual?
Time stretched while we meditated
Joining and harmonizing, breathing in unison
Alive
Every moment, every movement, in tandem with the universe.

But for you there will be no crying
Though the sun still glints off the sea that moves at the horizon from the terrace
Though the breeze still blows at the railing where we stood together,
and the gentle day still streams in at the door pooling at the chair on the rug where you had a nap in the afternoon

I ask Oh Devi, that you grant me perpetual bliss where there is no transience, no temporariness
Perpetual because I can feel this bliss within myself, call it up by myself
No longing, no missing, no emptiness created by the absence of another.
Grant that I feel the ecstasy in every moment of my life through your grace.
Grant me more...freedom from sadness and emptiness.
And I surrender it all to you.

No comments: